I can’t tell you how often I have friends reach out to me asking how to get this simple, elegant rosette pattern with buttercream frosting. It sure is beautiful and is so versatile you can use it for any occasion. I’ve done it for weddings, showers, and lots of birthdays. In fact, I used it for my daughter’s first birthday so there would be lots of frosting to smudge all over her cute, kissable face!
Clearly, this is a popular style of cake and I want you to be able to do it yourself! So I made a quick tutorial showing you how fast and easy it can be!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cake… obviously
- Cake circle (you’ll want one 1-2 inches larger than the cake you baked to leave room for frosting, here is an example of what this is
- Turn-table, This is the one I have, but this one looks even better and is cheaper!
- Piping bag, I use Wilton
- Piping tip (large, closed-tip star) Here is the one I have on Amazon.
- Knife or cake spatula, here are some great options
- Frosting, homemade or store-bought, it’s up to you. It needs to be stiff enough to hold its shape.
Watch the video below and earn how to do it yourself in only a few minutes!!
If you make this cake please share it on Instagram or Facebook and tag us so we can see it!!!